Announcing our 2020 Next Chapter mentors
The Wheeler Centre announces the mentors who will work with The Next Chapter's second cohort of writers over the next 12 months.
The Wheeler Centre is excited to announce the mentors who’ve been matched with The Next Chapter’s second cohort of writers. These mentors will work with each writer over 12 months to develop their work and help connect them with publishers and readers.
- Educator and arts programmer Michelle Fracaro will mentor memoirist, performer and musician Racheal Oak Butler
- Novelist and non-fiction writer Chloe Hooper will mentor writer and community lawyer Sam Elkin
- Novelist, storyteller and human rights advocate Arnold Zable will mentor memoirist Arthur Bolkas
- Non-fiction and science writer Rebecca Giggs will mentor essayist Dan Hogan
- Writer, editor and lawyer Alice Pung will mentor memoirist Faina Iligoga
- Novelist and non-fiction writer Melissa Lucashenko will mentor young adult fiction writer Jasmin McGaughey
- Poetry, prose and film writer Romaine Moreton will mentor poet Lorna Munro
- Artist and writer Sally Morgan will mentor comedic fantasy writer Jasper Wyld
- Poet and novelist Ellen van Neerven and poet, performer and children's book writer Tusiata Avia will mentor poet and critic Meleika Gesa-Fatafehi
- Academic Duncan Campbell will provide translation advice and assistance to fiction writer Grace Lee
Presented by the Wheeler Centre with support from the Aesop Foundation, The Next Chapter is about providing writers with the time and space to craft their voice and career. It's about investing in a new wave of writers who reflect the diversity of Australian identities and experiences.
For more information on the second cohort of writers, see our previous announcement.